Business CONNECT facilitates rapid, high-quality customer connections with Michigan State University’s research and service knowledge base and to provide support to entrepreneurs.
Our goal is to ensure alignment of customer business goals and needs with Michigan State University’s intellectual capacity and ability to deliver. To meet that goal, MSU Business CONNECT will coordinate the timely completion of contractual negotiations and other business agreements between Michigan State University and partner organizations.
Tell us what we can do to help your business: email@example.com
Business-CONNECT serves as MSU’s front door for corporations, directing businesses to the right MSU resources – from recruiting students to finding a researcher for a specific project– and enabling two-way strategic communications and planning for business customers. The Business-CONNECT team also supports entrepreneurial and regional economic development efforts. We, as well as MSU Technologies and Spartan Innovations, are part of the MSU Innovation Center.
Business-CONNECT handles all of MSU’s corporate sponsored research contracts, which averages more than $10 million annually.
Research and development teams work with MSU faculty researchers to develop new ideas or to refine or test innovations. Companies may recognize the commercial value of one of our faculty innovations.
Either way, we can work with you to design mutually beneficial arrangements for bringing new products to market.
- Michigan State University research strengths – www.Research.MSU.edu.
- MSU Mobility Research – businessconnect.msu.edu/mobility-msu
- MSU Business-CONNECT can facilitate your access to researchers, research, and other resources at Michigan State.
- The In Vivo Facility enables important life sciences and biotechnology research by providing high quality, standard and specialized in-vivo pharmacology assays, investigative and drug development services, medical device testing, and education.
MSU researchers who are new to working with industry through Business-CONNECT should review the Quick Guide for MSU Researchers.
Entrepreneurship has emerged over the past decade as one of the most critical approaches to achieving sustainable economic development and career opportunity. Universities are recognized as providing the ideal environment to support entrepreneurship: as a source of technology and/or new business ideas that attract entrepreneurs, support professionals, and resource providers.
MSU is committed to the support of entrepreneurs and provides resources and partnership to entrepreneurs in a variety of ways.
We are committed to making Michigan’s economy stronger through innovation and entrepreneurial activity. We apply Michigan State University’s expertise to analyze and shape economic development strategies and work with the full range of government business agencies and initiatives, including:
- Gateway Grand Rapids
- Lansing Economic Area Partnership (Leap Inc.)
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
- MSU Center for Community and Economic Development (CCED)
- MSU EDA University Center for Regional Economic Innovation (REI)
We may also be able to help you find a partner for your project.
Scientific equipment and facilities: Michigan State University has high-end, sensitive equipment for testing and analysis available on a charge-back basis, as well as pilot plant facilities, survey research experts, and other resources that you might not be able to find anywhere else.
- Drug Discovery: The MSU Drug Discovery program provides expertise and resources in modern drug discovery and development to faculty, staff, and students at MSU and to support active drug discovery efforts on campus.
- Bioeconomy Resources: The MSU BioEconomy Network (formerly the Office of Biobased Technologies (OBT)) maintains a database of MSU faculty members working in the bioeconomy.
- Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory: The MSU Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (MSU VDL), is a full-service, fully-accredited veterinary diagnostic laboratory for all species.
- Food Processing and Innovation Center: The MSU Extension Food Processing and Innovation Center (FPIC) is Michigan’s leading independent commercial food development, processing, packaging and research facility.
Knowledge services: The answer to your question is probably here—within our human knowledge base or stored in our extensive libraries, collections, and source materials.
International connections: You can draw on Michigan State University’s long history of global engagement to tap into a network of programs and deep country expertise, from language preparation to economic analysis, to help you get your business where you want it to be.
- MSU Center for International Business Education and Research (MSU-CIBER)
- International Studies and Programs
Educational services: Michigan State offers virtual and part-time degree and nondegree programs in business and other professional fields that help your business team compete more effectively in an increasingly well-educated world.
Hiring MSU students: Get the best people on your team by working with Michigan State’s career services professionals to identify undergraduates, graduates, interns, and alumni who will contribute to your business success.
Special events: Your next corporate meeting, conference, or employee training session could take advantage of some of Michigan State’s most attractive resources: our executive meeting facilities, food services, and cultural attractions
- James B. Henry Center for Executive Development
- MSU Management Education Center (Troy, Mich.)
- Popular MSU Destinations
Procurement: If you have products or services to sell Michigan State University, you will most likely be doing business with a specific department or unit within the university, or you may need to connect to:
- MSU Purchasing
- MSU Licensing Programs (using MSU trademarks on merchandise)
- School of Packaging
- AgBio Innovation Hub
Giving: Your corporate support creates community goodwill by building opportunities for Michigan State University students and research programs to succeed. There are many ways to make your gifts have impact, and we can facilitate a wide range of programs to accommodate your corporate goals.
MSU Faculty Experts
Media Directory: Michigan State University University Relations maintains a database on faculty experts available to speak on a wide range of topics.
Business Experts: From the latest trends in supply chain management to the challenges of emerging accounting standards, the Eli Broad College of Business faculty are at the forefront of business knowledge.
Tell us what we can do to help your business:
325 East Grand River Ave., Suite 375
East Lansing, MI 48823
MSU Business-CONNECT is located on the corner of E. Grand River Ave. and Charles St.
Guests may park in the Charles Street Parking Ramp, attached to the building. Access the Innovation Center on the 2nd floor of the parking ramp and take the walkway. The walkway delivers you to the third floor of the building and Business-CONNECT (Suite 375) will be to your left when you reach the atrium.
Tina Ramos, MPA, J.D.
Contract & Grant/Sponsored Programs Administrator
Jessica Olive, PhD
Corporate Relations Officer
Executive Staff Assistant
Randy Sheets, J.D.
Sponsored Programs Assistant Director
Contract and Grant Sponsored Accountant
Information Management Analyst
Commercialization Program Director, Gateway Grand Rapids