MTRAC AgBio Starter Award Proposals are due by 5PM EST on Friday, September 8, 2023.
- Starter grant awards are intended to provide enough data or other verification to facilitate the submission of a later Full award proposal, develop a proof of concept, or complete a short-term commercialization activity.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the MTRAC program staff for assistance with the preparation of their applications.
- MSU FACULTY APPLICANTS ONLY: The required e-Transmittal should be sent through the regular process to OSP with an internal sponsor named “MSU-MTRAC.”
- NON-MSU FACULTY APPLICANTS ONLY: Please contact Joseph Affholter (517.884.1824) or Weian Ou (517.884.1059) to review the Template Subcontract (PDF) before signing the MTRAC AgBio Requested Budget and Signature Page of your proposal.
Step 1: Download submission information (includes template)
Step 2: Download the Budget and Signature form
- MTRAC Spring 2023 STARTER Budget and Signature Form (MSU ONLY)
- MTRAC Spring 2023 STARTER Budget and Signature Form (NON-MSU)
Step 3: Review the rubric for the initial proposal evaluation
Final: Submit your MTRAC application online
For further information or questions regarding the application process, please contact Joseph Affholter (517.884.1824) or Weian Ou (517.884.1659).
Eligibility and Information:
- Researchers will be able to apply for funding to help drive agriculture-related technology toward commercialization, including support for prototype development, animal trials, scale-up studies, crop trials, and verification studies.
- While not required, interested parties are encouraged to schedule a pre-proposal idea consultation with the MTRC AgBio program. This can help researchers effectively address the technical and commercial elements of the proposal.
- Concurrent Starter and Full proposals on the same topic are not allowed. The second proposal on the same topic will not be accepted.
- Researchers can apply for funding to help drive agriculture-related technology toward commercialization, including but not limited to support for prototype development, milestone setting, animal trials, scale-up studies, crop trials, and verification studies.
- Awards range up to $40k direct cost.
- Interested investigators are asked to schedule a pre-proposal idea consultation with the MTRAC Ag Bio program.
- In all award applications, please use submission templates.